This notice applies to all current and past students of SRI® College.
In fulfilling our various academic and administrative functions, SRI® College has the need to collect and retain your personal data in various different formats. However, we are committed in protecting your personal data in compliance with the laws of Malaysia and this includes the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Definition of Personal Data
Personal data means any information in respect of commercial transaction that relates directly and indirectly to you. This includes but not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Spouse or parent’s information such as name and telephone number
- Proof of identity such as identity card number, passport number, student identification number, photograph, fingerprint and signature.
- Medical insurance Information such as type of insurance policy and medical card.
- Academic record such as transcripts of examination results, academic certificates and any Information relating to academic history
- Financial information such as credit history and credit card number
- Sensitive personal data such as physical and mental health, religious beliefs and political opinions.
- Any other information you may provide in the course of your application or inquiry
- Purpose of collecting personal data
We may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- To assess your application and to administer your admission into our institution;
- Student records which includes both administrative and academic records;
- Student services which includes allocation of learning resources, accommodation, immigration matters and counselling services;
- Student association and alumni;
- Fees collection and student loan/ scholarship matters;
- Internship and employment prospect
- Surveys and research;
- Internal and external audit;
- Any other purposes permitted by law.
We will ask your consent before using your personal data for any other purposes than those that are set out in this notice.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Employees of SRI® College ( where applicable );
- Partner Universities;
- Ministry of Education;
- Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration;
- Malaysian Qualifying Agency;
- Related Foreign Embassy;
- Related Professional bodies;
- Student Association and Alumni;
- Student’s sponsors;
- SRI® College’s service provider or agents;
- Companies or organisations providing internship or employment opportunities.
- Industry partners
- Insurance Companies ( Where applicable )
- Landlords ( where applicable )
- Royal Malaysian Police
We will ask your consent to disclose the data to any other third party other than the one set out in this notice.
Please take note that under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you have the choice to not consent or withdrawing your consent as to the purpose or the disclosure of your personal data. However, by accepting our letter of offer, you are deemed to have consented to the processing of your personal data in accordance to the terms set out in this notice. A failure or withdrawal of consent may disrupt or terminate the services provided by SRI® College. SRI® College will not be liable for such disruption/termination of services.
- Links to Third Party Website
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place. As such, we advise you to check before you visit any linked websites. We shall not be held responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing or disclosure of any data and information kept by such third party.
- Access Rights and Corrections
As a Data Subject, you have the rights to request access to, correct and/or update your Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not current. You may contact the departments stated below for such action:
If you are current, past or prospective students, parents, guardians, contact:
Wisma Smart Reader II,
No5, Jalan Udang Harimau 1
Kepong Business Park, Segambut.
51200 Kuala Lumpur. MALAYSIA
Tel : +6 03 2779 0558
Last Update on 01/03/2019